Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile washing machine model WPGT9350COWW that…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile washing machine model WPGT9350COWW that does not agitate

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is probably 10 years old and the model number is ***** 9350

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can the model is WPGT 9350

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It runs fine, but when the tub is full it just moves slightly, Even on the vigerious cycle

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
When can I expect an answer?
12/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I still need your help. I tried to reset it by unplugging it and opening the top 12 times. It did agitate again but for only 3 minutes
I don't care to call you at this time

ok ​let me ask you this when you start a cycle do you hear the door lock click letting you know the door is locked? Are you able to just open the door during the cycle?

You can always open the door it has never latched so it won't open. It has never clicked when the lid was down.

well you do have a lid switch on the unit that when it activated it will allow the washer to agitate and or spin. I am assuming this being the part

that is failed. You can test it with a multimeter if you have one.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WH12X10244/0026/363.html?modelNumber=WPGT9350C0WW&categoryName=Residential Washers&brandName=GE​