Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I really need help i got error f14 on a wall oven Kenmore. 2…

Customer Question
Hi I really need...

Hi I really need help i got error f14 on a wall oven Kenmore

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 years old only i am an electrician and I removed the control board so I can fix the little blower inside nothing major but when I put things back giving me error f14

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can give you the model number kenmore###-##-####2

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The F14 means there is an issue with communication between the touch pad and the main control usually this is caused by a loose or corroded connection in the ribbon cable between the two boards, check the cable make sure the connection is good by unplugging it and plugging it back up, restore power to the oven and try it if the error continues and the ribbon cable looks good then replace the touch pad if after that the problem persists replace the main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.