Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher is under two years old. I press the start

Customer Question
My dishwasher is under...

My dishwasher is under two years old. I press the start button. Close the door and the red light comes on but the water never begins to fill the machine. It just sits with the Auto light flashing as well as the Active light. I have checked the disposer, unpugged and replugged the dishwasher, turned the dishwasher off, held down the Start button and still nothing happens.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

How do I run a diagnostic cycle? I can't get the cycle buttons to move. It is a Silence plus 46dZBA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It's the Friday before Christmas so I suspect that I will need to. I have more than thirty people coming to my home for Christmas dinner. I am very upset that the dishwasher is not working when it is so young. If I can't get it to work I will never again purchase a Bosch because my last one worked for only five years before I had to replace it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've attempted to run a cycle multiple times and it is as though it's just stuck. It will not begin at all. It was doing fine only a day or so ago and nothing unusual has happened here...no storms, no freezing weather.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you hsut the power off to the unit at the breaker for a full minute to clear it totally then tried it again? Also check the water supply to the unit if you by chance have a flood proof hose that can stop water to going to the unit and it will never start a cycle. CHeck that out and get back to me...>CLICK HERE PIC< if you have a flood safe hose and the breaker reset did not work shut the water valve off to the dishwasher and unscrew the line to relieve pressure then screw it back on and turn the water back on and try it.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!