Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE gas cooktop with automatic spark start and it is…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE gas cooktop with automatic spark start and it is sparking constantly without being in use. It's even jumping burners! How can I stop it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Can't lift it to read the model, 4 burners and a burner free spot to rest hot pots, was bought for me for Mother's day by my kids in about 2012 or 2013.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband will

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing except he's a former general contractor so should be able to do it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 4 days by:
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?