Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave fan turned on by itself. Nothing on stove or in…

Customer Question
Microwave fan turned on...

Microwave fan turned on by itself. Nothing on stove or in oven. We were heating something up in the microwave. Now can't turn fan off.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model number JVM7195SK2ss, GE. Less than 6 months old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it involves. I am not a technical person

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What else do you need to know that I am not asking?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Unplug the unit from the wall for 1 full minute. PLug it back in and see if the fan stops. If so you should be good to go. If not the unit may have a bad control and if it is less than 6 months old call for warranty service as parts are pricey for it.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!