Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can you please help me with my WHIRLPOOL DUET WASHER... it…

Customer Question
Good afternoon , Can...

Good afternoon , Can you please help me with my WHIRLPOOL DUET WASHER... it got locked and I don't remember what keys to hold to unlock it I've tried the 3 seconds... and nothing... I Click on the power for several seconds and nothing

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1year 9 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes... there are several keys that I need to hold at the same time for several minutes... buy I lost my manual :(

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If not mistaken.... WHirlpool Duet Washer wfx 70hebw

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you are talking about the child lock being activated and the model number you gave is correct then on the control board press and hold the control lock pad for 3 seconds to deactivate it. If you are talking about the door being locked and not opening let me know, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Door locked...and not able to open....only blinks
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago

ok first try to unplug the unit for a few minutes that will reset the board and the door should unlock after a few seconds of restoring power, if the drain pump is running when you plug it back in just let it run and when its stops the door will unlock. If after that the door still does not unlock you will need to manually open the door, remove the top lid off the washer and look down on the top of the door lock assembly inside the washer and you will see a round tab pull up on that tab and the door will open. After getting the door open try running a cycle and it should be ok, if the door continues to lock and not unlock after that then the door lock assembly has failed and will need to be replaced, so if that happens let me know and I will give the replacement part number and the instructions to replace the door lock.