Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Where is the heating element located on a whirlpool stove. 4…

Customer Question
Where is the heating...

Where is the heating element located on a whirlpool stove

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

looking for it

ok

WFE540H0AS 0
Are you there
sorry I was just pulling up your model information
The bake element for this model is just below the floor inside the oven. If you open the oven door and remove the racks inside the oven, you’ll see two screws in the back corners of the floor. Remove those screws and then you can remove the floor. Unplug the oven and then unscrew the element from the back wall. Now you can pull the element out and unplug it to replace it.
not pulling out
hello not pulling out. unscrew the screw at the bottom on each side. removed the bottom pan.
Mr. Tyler are you there.
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, And I own my own Appliance repair Company

After you have removed the oven floor pan did you remove the screw on the rear of the heating element also?

something was still holding it. it would not pull out

the element only has that one screw and then the tabs that are on the bracket that holds the element in place to the lower floor panel .

they are L shaped did you push them back to unmount the bracket?

then the burner should lift up and out enough for you to gain access to the wire connections on the rear of the element.