Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Everything seems to work on my replacement icemaker as as…

Customer Question
Everything seems to work...

Everything seems to work on my replacement icemaker as long as ground to the neutral manually . the freezer ha been cold for 24 hours but the circuit for the motor wont close.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

The fridge is a maytag model msd 2434gew. the icemaker is a whp d782470q. I can check each item with a voltage tester but the circuit are not closing.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The ice maker has been in the fridge for several days. the only thing im suspiscious of is the thermotat.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have replaced the ice maker twice before with no problems.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

could the replacement ice maker part number be D7824706Q

where you just forgot to add the 6 before the Q?