Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My new ((to me) thermidor gas range griddle keeps shutting…

My new ((to me)...

My new ((to me) thermidor gas range griddle keeps shutting off automatically after 2-3 minutes. The range and grill work fine. What do I do to keep it on?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I’ve lived here less than a year. Just haven’t used this part of the stove

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not. Was hoping it was some small tweak I was doing wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think the unit is probably over 10 years old but mostly it’s great and I love it

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Where is the thermostat.

12/22/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this is just a bad thermostat. The thermostat is the part that your knob is attached to which you turn to turn the griddle on. It has a probe which slides into a channel under the griddle. That thermostat would need to be replaced to fix this issue I'm sorry to say. Depending on the model number, the part is typically about $200 or so.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you. Seems like an easy fix for a service repair person to fix. At least I have an answer to my clicking the knob over and over.

No problem.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc