Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bosch 500 series washer E12 error message. Mode

Customer Question
Bosch 500 series washer...

Bosch 500 series washer E12 error message.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mode #WFVC6450UC/23. About 4 year’s old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

About 10 minutes into cycle, the washer will stop half full with water. With E12 message. Was able to Drain&Spin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a water inlet valve code, meaning the unit is sensing it is taking too long to fill. Check the water supply to the unit. If both hot and cold supply lines are good replace the fill valve on the unit. There are inlet screen inside the valves you can clean as well, but if they are really bad I would still change out a valve.

CLICK HERE COLD VALVE

CLICK HERE HOT VALVE

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

It seems like that the washer senser is not stopping the incoming water. Will changing the fill valve correct the problem?

Yes the valve is likely sticking, you can also remove the pressure tube from the pressure switch with the top off the unit and blow through the pressure tube into the outer tub to make sure it is clear. That can cause a similar issue. If you have to shut the water off at the walll to get it to stop the valve is 100% bad.