Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My daughter just got a new GE fridge, european style. A

Customer Question
My daughter just got...

My daughter just got a new GE fridge, european style. A $3.000 unit and the freezer isn't getting cold. The fridge works fine. Is there a switch that may be off on the freezer part.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't have the model number. It is brand new - just delivered to her yesterday.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It would be after January 1st before they can have a technician out. I was just wondering if these may have an on/off that is not set correctly. Guess I'm hoping there is something easy she can do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's French door and the large size fridge. She is 350 miles from me - I'm just checking to see if there is a switch that didn't get turned on They just delivered it yesterday.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
I have model number now GFE28GMKES
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?