Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can not get oven to turn on. Thermador gcrc 366. The top…

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get oven to turn on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Thermador gcrc 366

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The cook top or burners work fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the ignitor glow in the oven?

When that happens you need to replace the oven ignitor on the unit. Turn the oven on and then open the door. If the glow ignitor is getting voltage it will glow unless it is broken. Since yours is glowing it is weak, it will glow but it will not pull enough current to open the gas valve. They typically have to draw 3.2-3.6 amps for a square style one or 2.2-2.8 amps for a round style one. If they do not draw enough they will never open the gas valve or take a long long time to open them. The ignitors are pretty easy to change out, just 2 screws and two wires to either plug in or splice together. Here is a video to assist. Replace the ignitor and you will be heating again.

CLICK HERE PART

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I’m not at location of the stove.

Ok when you get to it check that ignitor out.

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago