Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool washer deul has a F27 error code. The pump is…

Customer Question
My whirlpool washer deul...

My whirlpool washer deul has a F27 error code. The pump is spinning and there is no clog. can it be a bad sensor?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 year mo

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

4 years and model duet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I was planning to do it myself

Do you have the model number off the tag on the unit?

is anyone there

Yes I am here I had asked for the model number do you have it?

where is the name plate

Open the door and it should be on the frame edge the model starts with 3-4 letters

the door is locked and will not open even if you press pause/cancel

OK F27 is an Overflow Condition error. If the Overflow contact on the pressure switch is closed for more than 60 seconds an Overflow condition will occur. The unit is likely trying to run the pump, but the pump is bad or something is blocking it. You would have to get to the pump on the unit to check the pump filter and pump to see if it is running or not. Can you do that?

I have the pump out of the machine.. It is spinning. Thereis no clog .in front or behind the pump

Is the pressure tube clear and did the door open?

the door will not open. Which hose is the pressure hose

You have to remove the top of the unit to get to the pressure switch...CLICK HERE

I have to call it a night. Thanks

OK no problem you can come back here tomorrow if needed!

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!