Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The buttons on my kitchenmaid dishwasher are not working.

Customer Question
The buttons on my...

The buttons on my kitchenmaid dishwasher are not working. The lights are blinking, but I cannot turn them off or get the start button to continue washing. the control lock light is on and won't turn off. If I keep the door shut, the dishwasher starts beeping. I have unplugged the dishwasher thinking that it would reset, but when I plug it in, it continues as it wa before I unplugged it.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I don't know the model #, the serial number is ***** How do you run a test cycle?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm just trying to meet it.......what kind of work do you think needs to be done? I bought it less than a year ago

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do I run a test cycle?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Also what lights are blinking as that is usually an error code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The model # on the frame is KDFE104DSS2 and the lights that are blinking are the "light wash", "heat dry", "Control lock", "start" and "washing"

OK so unfortunately those lights flashing means the touch control panel has an internal short. Try to flip the breaker off to the touchpad for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If it doesn't reset, then below is a link to the touch control panel you'll need to order. It's been completely re-designed because Kitchenaid believed steam was causing them to fail.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc