Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAid Refrigerator with the freezer on the…

Customer Question
I have a KitchenAid...

I have a KitchenAid Refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. Ice forms under the pull out door and then falls off or melts living puddles of water on my hard wood floor. Is there a fix?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 years old Model KFCS22EVMS4

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe, I can do general repairs.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What needs to be done?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Kitchenaid refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

You have a clogged defrost drain. This is an advanced repair. If you do want to take this repair on, the easiest way for a homeowner to do this is to unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours with the freezer door open. This melts the ice that is in the drain pan and drain hole at the back of the freezer inside. Of course, you will need a place for your food. Be sure to also remove any ice cubes so that they don’t leak on to your floor. You will then need to replace the defrost drain tube in the back underneath the refrigerator. The part can be found here: http://a.co/9tFjPx1

Here is a video that shows how to do the repair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rk9LFXIv-E

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Your video link is for a Whirlpool not a KitchenAid

Your Kitchenaid is make by Whirlpool. It is the same unit.

what total fee will I be charged today?

I believe Just Answer charges $27. Experts are just users of the site, just like customers - so I don't have that specific information.

Anyway, that solution above will take care of your problem. I'm sure you're getting tired of water coming out onto the kitchen floor!

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.