Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore model 417.44082400 front loading washing…

Customer Question
Hi. I...

Hi. I have a Kenmore model 417.44082400 front loading washing machine that won't fill with water. It just makes clicking noises when pressing the start button. Any ideas? We've replaced the drain pump but that didn't change anything.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approximately 10 years old. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Going to try.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I'll tell you what i can.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the door lock and do you have power to the fill valves, please remove the top of the unit and see if the valves have 120 votls to any of the three or are humming. Let me know thanks!

OK.

Often just the valves go bad on the unit...see part link here...CLICK HERE

OK The top of the unit is off and I can see what I think are the 3 valves. How do I tell if the valves have 120 volts?

Check across any two terminals on any one valve to check for 120 votls after you turn it on.

John, Home Appliance Technician