Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE dryer Model: GFDN100EL0WW. It powers on but…

Customer Question
Hi Everyone, Contractor's Assistant:...

Hi Everyone,

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We have a GE dryer Model: GFDN100EL0WW. It powers on but when you push the start button it sounds like a switch or relay is failing to kick the dryer on. I'll need to repair myself as I am on a small island. Appreciate any advice? Joe

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's probably about 7-8 years old. There is no identifier on the appliance other than GE and the model # is off the label on the door.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Thanks. Just discovered that dryer won't start. As I said, it powers on but when you press the start button you hear a switch or relay clicking but the drum doesn't start.

so​ this is either a bad thermal fuse or control board. Do you have a multimeter you can test the fuse with?

No, I don't have one, but I could ask around.
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago

th​at would be best. If you can get one we can test the really cheap fuse that could be causing this if its failed we can replace it. If its good then we know the board is the problem.

Where do I find the fuse panel?

you have three that will need tested this one has a video

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ge-inlet-control-thermis-we4m398-ap4309184.html​