Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have just bought this home and it has a GE cooktop. I need…

Customer Question
I have just bought...

I have just bought this home and it has a GE cooktop. I need to clean my oven and I have no instruction book. Can you help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is approx. 5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes and it is self cleaning.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I need to do it tomorrow for Holiday cooking.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And just an FYI The time to clean your oven is a month or two before the holidays ,that way if the unit fails during self clean you have enough time to repair it.

I do realize since you just got the oven you have no choice other then to clean it after the holiday.

where would I find the model number

open the oven door it should be on the inner face frame of the oven.

this video will help you find the model number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjpLtMU-Zk&t=4s

16403871 p001

That is not a GE model number.

That is the only number on the label inside the oven door

ok so watch the video and see if you can find the number elsewhere.

what video

the youtube video I sent you with my reply of 5:43 p.m.

I do not use youtube

Ok with out a model number I can not look anything up in any manufactures web site.

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model tag is behind the lower drawer.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Then you were not helpful at all. You should be able to give me a general description on how to clean an oven. Even I know that you set the clock, lock the door etc. Just wanted to make sure of the specifics because I know that if it locks it may not open if not set correctly. Just so you know I have just made a pie two weeks ago and it burned on the bottom of the oven. This is not left over from months. Sooooo I will spend my time cleaning my oven by hand. I found the model number J BP668 Mass to Kelly

Excellent, thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The model is likely JBP66B, that manual is attached. See page 24/25 for self cleaning instructions! :~)

Please let me know if you have questions after reviewing those instructions!