Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool ref makes ice but water also empties into the…

Customer Question
My whirlpool ref makes...

My whirlpool ref makes ice but water also empties into the tray making one big piece of ice

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's aprox 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Need to know what I should try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just the ice maker

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And so do you mean that the ice maker is over filling or that this water is leaking before it goes into the ice maker?

wrb329DMBM

not sure

ok is the ice maker making full ice cubes?

ok so if the ice maker is making full ice cubes then the water is not coming from the ice maker leaking.

if you turn the icemaker off do you still get this water that freezes?

no

ok So your saying that the icemaker is making full sized cubes and that the water does not leak if you turn the icemaker off correct?

And if correct how often does the ice maker make cubes and drop them into the ice storage container?

correct a tray aprox every 2 hours

ok that is not making any sense!

if you can turn the ice maker off and it no longer leaks into the ice storage container to freeze ,but your saying that the icemaker is making full sized cubes every 2 hours.

If the cubes are full sized that tells me the icemaker is not leaking water or the cubes would be smaller or even partial cubes .

I think your missing something

I can only say what i see
could the water connection to the ice maker be leaking

ok I recommend that you call for a in home service call on your issue .