Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

F6 e1 model mhwe201yw00. Weeks... but now it won't even

Customer Question
F6 e1...

F6 e1 model mhwe201yw00

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Weeks... but now it won't even complete one wash cycle - before it would just not spin

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag model is above

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The F6 E1 error code indicates a communication error between the control boards. Often times this is caused by a connection issue rather than a part failure. There are three screws on the rear of the top panel that secure the top on. Once removed, the top will slide back and come off to be set aside. In the RF corner near the front control panel is the main machine control. WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED, remove each connector, one at a time, and replace into the control. This will rectify any connection issue if there is one. Once each connector has been reset into position, remove the back panel from the machine to access the motor control board. Do the same for each motor connector. Plug the machine back in and see if the code returns. Let me know if it does and we can move forward.