Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Merry Christmas! My refrig has the water and ice maker at…

Customer Question
Merry Christmas! My refrig...

Merry Christmas! My refrig has the water and ice maker at the front of the door. The water stops and the ice melts, the top area of the refrig where the ice maker meets the container in the door is hot. There is also a thumping sound coming from the rear of the refrig. Help!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Of course just a year old, and the warranty is out standby let me get the info for you

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Whirlpool Gold Series WRX988S

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you tried to unplug the unit for a full minute to reset the controls. What you are describing sounds like a bad main control board in the back. The main power board would go out causing that issue often on that unit.

sir, after unplugging the system, the system starts working again.

Replace that rear main control board on the unit. I would need the complete model off the tag on the unit not in the book to link you the right one. I will be out for about an hour so just post it back to me and I can get you the link.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!