Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refrigerator ice maker not working. Read about possible

Customer Question
Refrigerator ice maker not...

Refrigerator ice maker not working. Read about possible reasons why.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

About 8 yrs old, I guess. Sears Kenmore model 106. It may be the sensor that checks the amount of cubes...it has a flap. There is no light coming out and on the opposite side, where the ice on/off switch is, there are two vertical lights. The top one is blinking red.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If not too complicated. I unscrewed the sensor panel on the left and see the tor. and connec

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me the full model number and I will send you troubleshooting information for the ice maker and optics but 106 is certainly not the full model number, open the refrigerator door and look inside on the wall of the refrigerator and you will find a tag that has the model number and serial number listed on it, send me that model number please, thanks.

Sorry but called a repairman during the long wait. Thanks.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago

sure no problem.