Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a new Whirlpool Washer WFW75HEFW0 with an error

Customer Question
Hello. We have...

Hello. We have a new Whirlpool Washer WFW75HEFW0 with an error message flashing of FL. What does that mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new never been used. We are a new nail salon

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, the laundry?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, what does the flashing FL mean?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This FL error means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water which can definitely be caused by not having the water turned on or if you're using flood safe hoses and they tripped preventing water from going into the washer. The good news is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 30 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and the tray is fully closed and you should be good to go.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.