Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I keep getting f 11 on washer. it stopped mid wash cant get…

Customer Question
I keep getting f...

I keep getting f 11 on washer. it stopped mid wash cant get it started again

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 6 yrs old... duet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Im standing in front of it now...yes im doing the work myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I had some heavy things in it...opened the door and took some things out, so only have a couple items in it now. it will start, but stops after a few seconds

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First unplug the washer for 5 minutes and plug it back in and it should reset if the error persists then:

The F11 error code is communication issue between the central control unit and the motor control unit, most the times it just a connection cable between the two that got loose because of the washer shaking etc; Check the cables:

Remove the top of the machine off, there are 2 screws on the back of the washer top to remove to gain access into the machine. The CCU is the control on the top left or at the back depending on your model you will see a lot of wire going to it. You will see white wires on the far right of the CCU. You will see a set of three blue wires at the back of the control. These 3 go to the MCU and are the serial communication lines. Tighten all these wires to make sure they are making good connections.

If the wiring checks out ok then you will need a ohm/volt meter and know how to use it in order to trouble shoot the issue and find out which control is causing the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.