Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dryer will notturn off when power button is pushed,just

Customer Question
Dryer will notturn off...

Dryer will notturn off when power button is pushed,just keeps on running,and there is no heat. it is a whirlpool duet.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Itisabout 9 yrs old. model number WED9200SQ1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe, my son has worked on my appliances before-

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that it wasn't used much for the first five years- I line dried clothing a lot.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the dryer keeps running after the power button is pushed then the main board has failed and that could also be the cause of it not heating as well which it most likely is but it also could be a secondary issue causing the no heat issue but considering we know the board is bad because it continues to run when the power button is pressed then likely the heater relay on the board is bad as well. So the board will have to be replaced and then if it still does not heat after that it could be several things causing the no heat issue but replacing the board will likely fix both issues.

Dryer Electronic Control Board

Part #: W10182366 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video showing how to replace the board - click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.