Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Monogram Spacemaker II microwave oven that is…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Monogram Spacemaker II microwave oven that is flashing "F5" What does it mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Manufactured August 2002 model no ZEM 200SF001

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hadn't gotten to that point yet. What kind of work needed?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes . . . I think its not heating as quickly as it used to. Warming up something cold now takes 2 or 3 "reheats."

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F5 is a shorted humidity sensor inside the microwave which is mounted above the microwave cavity. The entire outer shell of the microwave would need to be unscrewed and removed to access the humidity sensor. The part number is ***** and it costs about $100 so I'm not sure if it's worth fixing at 15 years or not, but that's completely up to you. I wish I had better news for you, but I do hope you have a good holiday season nonetheless.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?