Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Amana AFB2234WES5 ... bottom freezer cold fridge not. Not…

Amana AFB2234WES5 ... bottom...

Amana AFB2234WES5 ... bottom freezer cold fridge not

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure exact age ... the model number is ***** (as per sticker on inside of the unit)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not off hand

12/21/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you open the freezer door do you see any frost or ice on the rear interior wall panel?

And do you hear the fan in the freezer running?

some build up ... wife had unplugged it ... fan runs

ok with the unit plugged in and the freezer fan running .

Open the fresh food section doors and feel in the top center at the vent do you feel any air flow from the vent into the fresh food section?

this is located at the top centre of the chest? ... no air. Does this cover pop off?

Po p off the louver and there is one screw ,remove the screw and the vent cover comes off .

And then look to see if the damper is open or closed .

does it require a lot of force to pop the cover off? ... don't want to break anything.

it does require some force yes it is a friction fit.

damper is open

ok so it is open and the freezer fan is running and you have NO air coming out of the vent correct?

And the freezer door is in fact closed correct?

by freezer fan do you mean the compressor or is there a fan that you would hear by sticking ones head in the freezer compartment?

Yes there is a fan in the freezer!

sorry ... misunderstood. I do not hear a fan running in the freezer compartment.

Ok so if you have the freezer door open you do not hear any fan running (in the freezer) but the freezer is cold correct?

And the frost has been defrosted ?

freezer is cold ... don't her a fan ... minimal frost on the coil

ok so if you can see the coil can you move the fan blades freely?

where do you see the fan blades? ... there is no build up on the coil anymore.

the fan and fan blades should be in plain site if you can see the coil!

you do have the rear interior panel wall off in the freezer correct?

And you are talking about the coil in the freezer correct?

was looking at the coil from the inside of the freezer compartment. Wasn't aware that I had to take the cover off of the back of the unit. Cover is off now ... the compressor is on the right hand and there is a fan on the left ... it is running.

There is a rear wall panel on the freezer section .

That is where you need to be not under the unit in in the Condenser the rear !

fan is running

Ok and this fan you now talking about is the fan inside the freezer compartment?

Ok and with this fan running and the rear interior freezer wall panel in place and the freezer door closed ,you still have no air flow into the fresh food section from the vent in the fresh food ceiling ?

correct

ok so then you have a restriction in the air channel from the freezer to the fresh food section .

Which the only way to get rid of that is to turn the unit off open the doors and manually defrost the unit for at least 8 hours to melt the ice restriction in the air channel in the rear wall .

ok ...

Unfortunately this is the only way to defrost any ice in that air channel .

Let it set open and turned off for the 8 hours and plug it back in and close the doors and then check it in say 4-5 hours and you should be all set.

Let me know if you have any questions .

thank you

No problem ,glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech
how do I go about rating you?
never mind ... found it

Thank you and have a Safe and Very Merry Christmas!