Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchen Aid rolling pin that is less than 2 yrs.

Customer Question
I have a Kitchen...

I have a Kitchen Aid rolling pin that is less than 2 yrs. old. Today as I was rolling out cookies, I noticed a silver fleck. when wiping the rolling pin off, I noticed a denuded spot in the coating. What should I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Less than 2 years . Possibly one but may be 2 years old this Christmas

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What needs to be done?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it safe to use?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

yes its safe to use just make sure it does not flake off anymore if you notice it doing that just replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.