Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag dryer model HYE3658ayw won't heat. Probably 7

Customer Question
My Maytag dryer model...

My Maytag dryer model HYE3658ayw won't heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I removed the control panel and all the wiring was good. The exhaust vents are clean as well.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, but I don't know where the fuse is on the dryer or how to open the top.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok on your unit there are two tabs in between the top and the front about 2" in from the sides. Using a putty knife press those in and pop the top up. Once the top is up the heater and high limit thermostats are in the back left area. If the unit runs but does not heat on that unit the heater is likely burned out. If it does not run at all the small high limit on the right side of the heater housing is burned out. Check that out and see what you find. If you need more help let me know.

CLICK HERE HEATER

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?