Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I’m looking for a Thermador model RBD 30SV dual fuel range…

Customer Question
I’m looking for a...

I’m looking for a Thermador model RBD 30SV dual fuel range part. The simmer control module part # Thermador 00497234 is the item I need. This is an older range, and now both simmer control burners are out. Can I get this part?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

One of the burners quit about Apel years ago, so we’ve had a 3 burner range for quite a while. The other one quit about a month ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. My husband is able to do the work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really-we just need that elusive part...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

I just checked on that part at the manufacturer (Bosch) and they no longer manufacture it at all and it looks like all of the parts houses are out so you will likely never find one. Sometimes you can find used ones on ebay or amazon but I did not see any listed at this time, the only other thing you can do is check around with some local used appliance dealers and see if maybe they have one in stock, other than that its just time to replace the unit unfortunately.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Would Bosch part # 00645446 be an interchangeable option?
No need to call at this point, Joel. I would like to know if the Bosch part I indicated is an interchangeable option
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago

give me the model number listed on the serial tag of the unit, the model number you listed is not a good model number, there will be a tag with the serial number and model number listed on it most likely it is on a sticker under the door area. Below the door is a "kick" panel. If you remove the 2 screws holding the kick panel onto the frame of the oven, you can remove the kick panel and that will expose a few electronics along with the model number on a white sticker.

The other possibility would be inside the vent above the oven cavity. If you open the door and look under the control panel, there is a vent panel. Use a flash light and look through it to locate the model number on a white sticker.

What we have found is RDD S30V; I put in an incorrect letter before.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago

They no longer make that kit that has the meters and the control unit but you can get the meters separate :

you will need two - Part Number 00422748 - click here

The simmer control unit is part 00422882 is its no longer being manufactured and there are no substitutions being made although I did find this and they say that have some in stock but call them first before ordering because I do not know anything about that company

click here for link to part

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago

and to answer your other question no that part is not compatible with your model.

Thanks, Joel... I left shortly after my last comment; just back online now. Will check out your suggestions on possible remedies tomorrow, and I thank you for follow-up on the part. Didn’t order it, which sounds like we saved ourselves from having to do a return. Will follow-up with what we find out is your links. Much appreciation for your efforts, Joel!
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 months ago

Ok sounds good let me know, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson