Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ant get my oven t broil. 2016 kose 500. No why isnt it

Customer Question
Ant get my oven...

Ant get my oven t broil

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2016 kose 500

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No why isnt it working hardly been used

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the oven will bake but not broil then most likely the broil element has failed and will need to be replaced. The replacement is listed below, if you want to be sure it's the broil element you willl need to check the element for continuity with an ohm/volt meter to be sure, but most commonly that is what causes that issue.

Range Broil Element

Part #: W10764078 - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you. If there is anything else you need to know at this time just let me know, thanks.