Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I manually switch the freezer light off the ice maker…

When I manually switch...

When I manually switch the freezer light off the ice maker sensor light also goes off on a kitchen aid refrigerator. Ice maker not working

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model ksrl25ftssoo purchased 10 yrs. ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already replaced the circuit boards

12/21/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The light is supposed to go off when you push the door light switch in--the door is closed so no one is supposed to be able to see a light inside which is why the icemaker emitter board light shuts off as well.

As for your icemaker not working, if you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

Pointing down

Please answer all the questions.

QUOTE:

there is ice in the tray

... One last try

Please answer all the questions.

QUOTE:

The fingers are pointing down and yes there is ice in the mold

Ok sorry, 3 times and I couldn't even get all the answers to my questions to help you so I'm going to opt out and wish you the best.

What didn’t I answer
The led light is working
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello I am a different tech do you still need help?

Well I took ice maker out and apart and found a burnt contact on heater for ice tray

Yes you need a new icemaker that is why the fingers were down in the unit. Replace the icemaker and all will be good to go again. See link to icemaker below. Sorry about any issues with the other tech.

CLICK HERE ICEMAKER

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Would removing the ice maker to defrost it help?

If that was burned no the icemaker is bad. You can get an aftermarket icemaker for maybe 45 I would do that...CLICK HERE

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician