Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Maytag french door refrigerator front door panel lights

Customer Question
Maytag french door refrigerator...

Maytag french door refrigerator front door panel lights flick on and off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7 years old . MFI 2569vem4

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I mean if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it fixable in next 24 hrs bc repairperson to my location says Jan 2 first avail

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK that is an extremely common issue on that unit you need to replace the rear main power board in the unit. If you pull the unit out and go behind it you will find a squarish access cover off to the left side behind the unit. Remove the screws to that and you will see the main power board. That is a basic plug and play board with a couple standoffs that you can squeeze with a pliers to release the board. Once you have ordered and installed the new board you need to get to the model tag and find the FOUR DIGIT CODE labeled CODE. Using the instructions program the code into the unit and you will be good to go. I included a video of how to program your unit(skip to 4:00minute mark then play) or follow the instructions included with the part. The part link is also here as well for you.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I was trying to update your part link...order this board...CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is it possible to have a guy fix it .. parts delivery is like 8 days from now. which isnt very helpful

The only way to fix it is it sooner if the board is not available would be to replace the capacitors on the board by soldering new ones in. You could get some at radio shack or an electronic supplier.

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician