Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Huw do I remove cover for ice and water to install auger…

Customer Question
Huw do I remove...

Huw do I remove cover for ice and water to install auger motor on whirlpool side by side

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes 6 years old model GSF26C5EXY03

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I have purchased auger motor thru sears

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just how to install auger motor

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You actually don't remove the front dispenser to replace the auger motor on this model. You remove the bucket, the outer frame that goes around the bucket, and then unscrew the cover below the bucket on the door and work your way down to replace the motor. Below is a video that shows taking the dispenser apart and you can see this will get you nowhere. Unfortunately there isn't a video that shows you how to access the auger motor so you'll just have to follow what I mentioned before.

CLICK HERE to see video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Attached is the service manual for accessing the auger motor and such if you wanted that.

Motor installed auger will not turn with motor and drop ice.. not jammed?

I answered your question on how to replace the part and I'm glad I could help you, but if you would like more of my time on diagnosing your real problem you would need to rate me for the information I've already given you first.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated.