Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We had an electrician at our home doing some work and we had…

Customer Question
HI , we had...

HI , we had an electrician at our home doing some work and we had to reset the breaker to our Wolf double oven range after he left. This morning when we turned on the burners, the ignitors did not work immediately, but eventually all worked. Now both of our ovens will not heat up. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Wolf is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It came with the house which we bought two years ago and I would estimate that it is 12 years old. I've never been able to find the model number. Maybe you could tell me where it is located on the stove.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is an easy fix.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you help me find the model #?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Is your oven portion electric or gas? Is the cooktop electric or gas?

both are gas

OK, there isn't much the breaker could have done to cause both ovens to not heat. It's odd that the cooktop didn't heat for awhile either though. Try flipping the breaker off again for 60 seconds and then re-apply power. Give the oven at least 5 minutes to turn on. Try both bake and broil. If nothing still works, try self clean and see if it heats in self clean---if so then your door latch isn't resetting properly so you may need to wiggle the latches if they are sticking. If it won't heat in self clean either, turn the oven onto broil wait 5 minutes and open the door and look at the ceiling. Do you see an igniter glowing at the back of the broil burner?

I'll try all your suggestions now.

ok. Good luck.

No igniter glowing in the back of the broil burners. this range has a double oven.

yes, you mentioned it was a double oven before. If it's not glowing during broil, then if you turn it to self clean does it heat?

need to try that. sorry

ok, try both ovens (separately) and let me know.

On the left oven , the lights show 3 dashes only. No sound coming from over.
On the right oven, the lights show "OPP", and it is beeping.
No other sound coming from the right oven either.

OPP will appear on a Dual Fuel Range oven control knob if one of the ovens is in self-clean mode and the other oven is turned on. If one oven is in self-clean, the other oven can not be used.

Ok, thank you. now when they are turned on "clean" separately, they both show the 3 dashes. No sound. no fan.

You have to set the time once you set self clean.

Did that and no heat still.

OK unfortunately it sounds like you have a faulty control board then. There are no fuses or cut outs that would stop both ovens. Make sure you're getting 220 volts to the oven because based on your OPP error it sounds like your oven is actual a dual fuel with electric elements in the oven (not gas). If you're getting 220 volts to the oven and it still won't heat, you need to call a technician out to replace your control board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you.

No problem and good luck. Again, the cooktop will work if the oven is getting 110 volts, but you need 220 volts for the ovens to heat so based on the fact that you had electrical work done before this issue, I would imagine your oven isn't getting 220 volts. Other than that, you just have a bad control board. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today.