Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool washing machine (model 589-01) stops at the…

Customer Question
My Whirlpool washing machine...

My Whirlpool washing machine (model 589-01) stops at the wash cycle after the water is in. It will not advance to the next cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2 yrs. old. The label says 589-01.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends what's wrong.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything else.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your washer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Please look about 2 inches under the lid hinge (almost in the tub) towards the back, and you will see a model number tag. Please give me that model number.