Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I turned on my gas range. It worked. Then the gas died down…

Customer Question
I turned on my...

I turned on my gas range. It worked. Then the gas died down and went out. The range makes the clicking sound when i turn the knob , but no gas I called the gas company they said that the gas is on so an hour later I turned on the range again, and gas came out, then died down

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For about two hours i just had a lot of christmas lights put up- a LOT- could this affect it? I tried lighting with a match but the problem is no gas no hot water either

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

No gas coming out of burners two hours

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I called the gas comapn they said they will come in the morning

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

' please tell me if there could be any connection to putting up a huge amount of christmas lights and kicking the gas off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

D​o you have anything else in your house on gas - a dryer, water heater , or furnace ? If you do , then check it and if it is doing the same thing then the regulator to your house is defective >

I​ see you said the water heater is also not working. You have a regulator problem. Don't know where you live, but if the regulator is covered in snow or coated with ice the regulator won't work and you can thaw it out with a hair dryer or get the snow off of it.