Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Got a used mini fridge a few months a go and it stopped

Customer Question
Hey I got a...

Hey I got a used mini fridge a few months a go and it stopped working then in found out it was the hard start, then I replaced it with one of those supco 3 in 1 hard start kits and it worked perfectly for a couple of months but now the reset switch keeps tripping and when that happens it trips my entire rooms main breaker so I'm wondering how to stop this

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Oh I'm not sure of the model, my brother found it for me but it's a black fridgidaire mini with a top freezer and I rarely see any small fridge with a freezer on it so I'm guessing it's seen quite a few years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No all I know right now is its the switch in the main circuit box, and I'm assuming it's the factory overload

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 6 days by:
12/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

John, Home Appliance Technician