Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bravos diagnostics not working ad described in tec sheet. Do…

Customer Question
Bravos diagnostics not working...

Bravos diagnostics not working ad described in tec sheet

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Do you have a whirlpool tech available

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

AppRO 7 YEARS OLD. MODEL NUMBER medb400vqo

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, please just get me a whirlpool tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Get me a whirlpool tech please.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the issue you are having?

above average intelligence handyman here.....stumped with the tech sheet.....working on a bravos dryer. I cant get the diagnostic mode to continue past the 8:88 displayed. it goes away and nothing goes as described in the tech sheet. after tinkering with the buttons etc in diagnostic mode it displays CO
forgot to mention I have replaced the main control board

Ok what does the unit not do, CO would be in diagnostic mode and the first test/

will not start.
is it possible to get you on a phone call?

The phone calls cost more so it would be $24 in addition to the question cost. If it does not start do you here a click in the console when you press start?

no audible click other than the sound of the film over the button flexing
i have checked the line voltage at the dryer, checked the thermal fuse
after trying the button again, I can hear the button itself clicking , but its not a relay or anything like that

Do you have a volt meter and can you get to the control board?

I did test number three, motor circuit, and got 3 to 4 ohms, which in the diagnostics flow chart, said to replace the control electronics. Replaced it and same issue

Are you sure you have 240 volts to the unit at the terminal block?

240 volts at the terminal block
I'm questioning weather the unit is staying in diagnostics mode, or diagnostics mode is functioning properly. I cant get it to do any of the tests as described in the tech sheet.

So when you select a button and press it for 3-5 secs then release it for 3-5 secs and repeat do all the lights come on eventually?

as described in the tech sheet, 8:88 is displayed and all lights come on. tech sheet says they should come for five secs, go off and come back on. they do not come back on if left alone. if you try rotating the knob during the short time they are on, it does not turn the light off, and displays the CO message

Yes that is right, Can you just test from the BLUE P9-1 wire to ground when you press the start button to see if you read 120 volts?

John, Home Appliance Technician