Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmore dishwasher model 66514523n610 the control lock…

Customer Question
My Kenmore dishwasher model...

My Kenmore dishwasher model 66514523n610 the control lock will not release

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in june

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

In the past this occurred and the technician had me hold some buttons it worked I cant remember which buttons

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

All you should need to do is press and hold the control lock button to the left of the 4 hour delay button on the control panel for 5 seconds and that should remove the control lock. If that doesn't work, press and hold the CANCEL/Drain button for 5 seconds and try again. If none of it works, unplug the dishwasher or flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher for 6 seconds and try to press and hold those buttons again. As a last resort if none of that works, your touch control panel has just failed and would need to be replaced because it won't reset and it won't remove the control lock.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?