Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was on line but lost the person I was connected to. I have…

Customer Question
I was on line...

I was on line but lost the person I was connected to. I have a Maytag gas stove. Model # MGR5765QDW. The oven light has burnt out and I want to replace it. I can’t get the glass cover off. It turns 1/8 - 1/4 inch each direction but won’t seem to come off so that I can get to the bulb.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Over 20 years old but still good. MGR5765QDW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the lens cover is supposed to just twist counter clockwise and remove but because of the heat from the oven over time, it tends to get seized up. I usually use channel locks to grab the lens and I put one of those rubber grip mats which you use to twist the cap of a jar off between the teeth of the channel locks and the glass lens to get better grip. It's a battle I know, but that's how the glass lens removes so you can replace the bulb.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I couldn’t do it but at least behind my fridge was cleaned out, but it cost me $5 to do it.

hmm, It's definitely not easy unfortunately. That lens gets jammed up from all the heating and cooling but that is definitely how you remove it. I have to do it often as a technician since lot of people run into the same situation.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?