Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a GE gas stove with 4 burners. The right back burner…

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE gas stove with 4 burners. The right back burner clicks all the time when the flame is burning.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Well I am not at the house now, but it's about ten years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

First I want to know how to fix it and then I will ask a handy man to fix it. Neither GE nor Sears have service in this area, even though the stove was sold to me in nearby Alamosa.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Except for the model # you know all I know.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit only continues to click when the right back burner is on then that means that the stove isn't detecting a flame from that burner. The flame is supposed to touch the spark tip which tells the stove unit the burner has ignited. You'll want to sand the spark tip so that it shines again using fine sand paper. Then clean the burner cap and burner and turn the burner back on. Make sure the flame is touching the spark tip and it keeps clicking. If that all checks good, you need to replace the spark tip because it's not sensing the flame for some reason.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 month ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc