Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why does code H F show up machine shouts down. About 2/3…

Customer Question
Why does code H...

Why does code H F show up machine shouts down

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2/3 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes it only does it at the end of the cycle so I push drain and spin 12 minutes show up push start and it finishes

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Kenmore Eliti smart wash QuietPak 9. H E 4 T

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Kenmore uses a flow meter that detects the flow of water entering the washer. If this flow meter does not detect the correct amount of water entering the washer it will sound the F20 error code. Often this repair can be made with out calling an appliance repairman and without ordering parts. Start by removing the washer fill hoses; both the cold and the hot water hoses. Check for proper water pressure from the house. To do so, turn the water on and put the hose inside the washer or a bucket.

If water pressure is good, check the water valve inlet screens. Most residential washing machines have inlet screens. The screens prevent minerals from clogging the solenoid. With the hoses removed, you can visually inspect the water inlet screens. If the water valve screens are clear the inlet valve with the screens itself will need to be replaced. To replace the water valve, remove the top of the washing machine. Three screws hold the top down. The screws that hold the top down are on the back of the top panel. Once removed the top will slide back and off. Now remove the wire harness that connects to the valve. One screw holds the valve to the washers cabinet. Removing the screw and sliding the valve over will release the valve from the back panel enabling you to complete your repair.

One last thing to check is the fill hoses. These front load washers call for a lot of water quickly. So if you have stainless steel braided flood-safe hoses, they will trip for no reason at all. Replace these flood safe hoses with more traditional hoses. If the hoses are good and you haven't found anything slowing down the flow of the water, your electronic inlet water valve is just faulty on the back of your washer and will need to be replaced because it's just not allowing water flow into the washer correctly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?