Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire Flat top stove model # GLEF379DSA.

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire Flat top stove model # GLEF379DSA. Yesterday the power went out and when it came back on, my 11year old tried to reset the clock. She inadvertently pressed the "clean" button. At some pointe the door was opened and the locking mechanism locked with the door open. How do I get the lock to reset so the door will close?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in 2005 Model # GLEF379DSA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did try the suggestion that I find online where you hold the light button down while pushing the cleaning button for 20seconds and then the off button for 20seconds. That did not work.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok are you by the unit right now?