Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The oven flame on our Montague propane range burns yellow…

Customer Question
The oven flame on...

The oven flame on our Montague propane range burns yellow and until we cleaned it there was soot buildup. The air shutter is already adjusted wide open and the flame does not change when I loosen the screw and adjust.The range top burner flame is blue

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Montague Grizzly about 27 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I want to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can’t think of anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Coming from the gas valve where the burner attaches to it (right where you see the air shutter), there is a bass orifice that goes up into the burner. Tighten this orifice down all the way to convert it to propane. If it is tightened down as far as it'll go, then you need to order a new orifice which could be a bit of an issue at 27 years unfortunately.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?