Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Jenn-Air Double convection model ww2780w that has a…

Customer Question
I have a Jenn-Air...

I have a Jenn-Air Double convection model ww2780w that has a missing screw that attaches a bracket which supports the upper element to the top of the oven. It is the right of the oven and that side of the element hangs down three inches as compared to the left side of the element.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Jenn-air WW2780W double convection-oven and we purchase with our home 1994. We have tried several types of metal screws and it falls out with a day of attaching to the bracket.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I need only one screw and it took less than a minute to attach the bracket to the upper part of the oven.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If you know what size the screw might be or a place I could purchase it I can do it myself. I call Home Depot repairs and they sent a print-out lf the part of the oven but the screw was shown but not scheduled.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Ya that screw is shown on the parts diagram but is not listed as a part for sale so its not available, what you can do is take the other screw out of the left side and take it to lowes and they will find one that will work. If you keep having issues with it falling out you may have to go to a larger diameter self tapping screw and drill it in.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.