Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am looking to replace the racks in my dish washer. could…

Customer Question
I am looking to...

I am looking to replace the racks in my dish washer. could you tell me how much it would cost? My dishwasher is 10yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Appliance Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

The only model number I could find is the following(###) ###-####B by Kitchenaid. The top, bottom racks and the utensil rack needs to be replaced

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No the dish washer is working fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

In order to locate the correct replacement racks for you I will need the full model number, open the dishwasher door and look on the left side of the washer behind the door and you will see a tag that has the model and serial number listed on it, send me that model number please, thanks.

Model # KUDSO3CTWH3
Type 577-0
ser. FW3802477
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Thank you for getting me that info give me just a minute to look it up thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

The racks are available but they are not cheap I have listed them along with the part numbers and links to sears, you may be able to find some good used ones cheaper on ebay or amazon, just do a search on those sites using the part numbers I listed below if you want to shop around.

Dishwasher Dishrack, Upper

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here for part info at sears

Dishwasher Dishrack, Lower Part #:(###) ###-####/p>

Substitution: W10728159 - click here for part info at sears

Not sure which style basket you needed so I listed both of them below:

Dishwasher Silverware Basket

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

Dishwasher Silverware Basket

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.