Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The start button stopped working on my Whirlpool washer

Customer Question
Hello. The start button...

Hello. The start button stopped working on my Whirlpool washer WFW9351YW00 (bent pin behind the button). I took the console apart, straightened the pin and got it to work for a while but now it eiether bent again or broke altogether. Before taking the console apart again, I'd like to check whether the button with pin can be purchased separately somewhere? That's really all I need. Everything else works fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model number I listed above. Age - about 6-7 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All I would need is the start button

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

No unfortunately they can't be purchased separate you just have to buy the entire console:

Washer Console Part #: W10370315

Substitution: WPW10370315 - click here for part info at sears

considering the price I would be finding some apoxy and make something work.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.