Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag gas range oven not heating but broil working change…

Customer Question
Maytag gas range oven...

Maytag gas range oven not heating but broil working change ignitior oven still not working

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Cannot find model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I have a friend dwho has some experience in this type of work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What other possibilities could be happening broiler works but not oven

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I don't have the model number
I can't afford that option

ok with out a model number I have no way of being able to look anything up!

Can you even tell me how old the unit is?

Is the oven controlled by knob or by an electronic control board?

If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

Electronic control board

ok when you turn either Bake or Broil selections on do you hear a sparking inside the oven as if it is trying to light the burner?

And if so do you heard this sparking when your trying to get the Bake burner to come on?

Heard it with the broiler

Ok And how about the Bake selection?

I heard the same sound but it lights the broiler but not bake

ok so your saying when you have selected the Bake cycle it sparks and lights the Broil burner?

No when the bake did not work ltried the broiler and that worked like then retried bake and is didn't work we change the ignitor and the same thing is happening the broiler works but not the bake

ok so if I got this right the unit when you set it to a Bake selection does in fact spark , you have replaced the igniter and it still is not lighting a flame is that correct?

Did I loose you?

If you answer my final question I can then tell you what I think your issue is .

What has happened we change the upper ignitior which is for the broiler we now realize that there is another ignitior on the base which is for the oven. So we are changing that one now. I think we will solve the problem. Thanks. Will I inform you later

ok Yes each burner had it`s own igniter assembly.

John, Home Appliance Technician