Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kitchenaid KUIS18NNJW6 water runs but freezer plate does not…

Customer Question
Kitchenaid KUIS18NNJW6...

Kitchenaid KUIS18NNJW6 water runs but freezer plate does not get cold, stays warm

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years,KUIS18NNJW6

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is any easy fix, last 3 repairs over last 3 years....pump, relay, compressor fix and freon leak...cleaned regularly. eash repair 6

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All repairs have been $600 plus...trying to diy if i can, thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the Evaporator plate is not getting cold ,then you have an issue with the sealed system, either the compressor not running or it is running and no refrigerant.

Is the sealed system repair covered under any warranty?